Ready for a colorful layered latte that's out of this world? The pink, purple, and blue galaxy swirls in this Wild Blueberry Hojicha Latte are all created with a homemade blueberry syrup. They are then topped with a rich roasted green tea layer made with Hojicha Powder.
If you’ve ever had blueberry pie before, then you've probably noticed how much the blueberries look like boba. Now imagine that sweet berry filling dripping down the side of a glass, and you've got yourself a colorful version of brown sugar bubble tea. Perfect for sipping on while gazing at the stars or the hydrangea blossoms in the garden.
Even though blueberries and boba already look similar, you can also use the blueberry syrup as a braise and add in hojicha tapioca pearls for an extra treat. Either way, you'll still get that sought after marble pattern.
All that's left is to grab your fresh (or frozen) blueberries, follow the recipe below, and don't forget to tag #hojichaco when you share your home cafe creation.
- ¼ cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 100 ml filtered water, divided
- ¼ teaspoon tapioca starch (optional)
- 200 ml milk
- ½ cup ice
- 1 tablespoon Hojicha Powder
- Prepare the blueberry syrup by adding ¼ cup of blueberries, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, and 1 tablespoon of filtered water into a small saucepan.
- Heat on medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Once the blueberries begin to soften and release their liquids, mash them slightly with the back of a spoon.
- Optional: thicken the blueberry syrup by mixing 1 tablespoon of filtered water and 1 teaspoon of tapioca starch together in a small bowl. Add to the saucepan and stir.
- Remove blueberries syrup from the heat, and set aside to cool.
- Prepare the Wild Blueberry Hojicha Latte by adding the blueberry syrup to a tall glass and letting it slide down the sides to create streaks.
- Add ½ cup of ice, then 200 ml of your desired milk.
- Whisk together 1 tablespoon Hojicha Powder and 80 ml filtered water until smooth.
- Pour the hojicha slowly into the glass.
- Stir to enjoy the blended colors and flavors of your Wild Blueberry Hojicha Latte.