If you’re a true mango lover, then you probably already know there are entire cafes dedicated to the delicious fruit. But did you know that mango makes for a tasty addition to an iced hojicha latte? The Mango Hojicha Latte has a whole layer of juicy mango, which can be made in moments.
The creamy layer of mango adds a bright and tropical twist to the hojicha latte, especially when combined with coconut milk. This way, with one sip you can feel like you’re relaxing on the beach while soaking up the sun. All you need to create the Mango Hojicha Latte at home is some mango, your preferred milk, and Hojicha Powder.
If you’d like to create a picture perfect layered latte, or if you have a sweet tooth, then you’ll also want to add sugar and maple syrup. When the sugar is combined with the mango, the mixture becomes even sweeter and the syrupy texture helps keep the mango layer at the bottom of your hojicha latte. The maple syrup is added to your milk layer to ensure the whisked hojicha stays at the top. We recommend using maple syrup as it tastes great with the roasted flavor of hojicha, but any liquid sweetener will do the trick.
The Mango Hojicha Latte is the perfect drink for enjoying during the peak mango season, but you can easily substitute fresh mango for frozen any time of the year. Pick up some mango today, and tag us using #HojichaCo when you try this recipe!
- ¼ cup cubed mango (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- ½ cup ice
- 200 ml coconut milk (or your preferred milk)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (or your preferred liquid sweetener)
- 1 tablespoon Hojicha Powder
- 80 ml cold filtered water
- Heat ¼ cup of cubed mango, 1 tablespoon of sugar, and 1 tablespoon of water in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- When it softens, use a fork to mash the mango to your desired texture. Remove from the heat, and set aside to cool.
- Add the mango puree to a tall glass, followed by ½ cup of ice.
- Stir together 200 ml of coconut milk and 1 teaspoon of maple syrup, then pour it slowly into the glass.
- Whisk together 1 tablespoon of Hojicha Powder and 80 ml of cold filtered water.
- Pour the whisked hojicha mixture into the glass by aiming directly onto one of the ice cubes.
- Admire your lovely layers, and then stir to enjoy your dreamy Mango Hojicha Latte.