Hojicha Iced Tea
As the weather gets warmer, it’s time to cool down with a refreshing glass of hojicha iced tea. Our favorite tea to sip on cold is Hojicha Gold Roast. Its naturally sweet and mellow taste make Hojicha Gold Roast the best tea for your iced tea.
Although this recipe yields one serving, we also include instructions on how to easily make a pitcher of iced hojicha since you’ll probably end up wanting even more. If you’re super thirsty or have guests, all you have to do is re-steep the roasted green tea leaves. Our premium hojicha can be steeped up to three times and is still full of flavor.
- 10 grams Hojicha Gold Roast (Approximately 4 teaspoons)
- 250 ml filtered water
- Optional: sweetener
- 3/4 cup ice
- Add 10 grams of loose leaf hojicha into a teapot.
- Heat filtered water to 90°C, and pour 250 ml over the hojicha in circular motions until fully submerged.
- Steep the loose leaf hojicha for one minute.
- Pour the prepared hojicha into a measuring cup (be sure to strain the leaves if your teapot doesn’t have a built-in strainer).
- If you’d like to make a 750 ml pitcher of iced tea, simply re-steep the tea leaves two additional times. Increase steep time by 30 seconds for each re-steep.
- If desired, add your preferred sweetener to the measuring cup or pitcher and stir until fully dissolved.
- Fill your glass with ice.
- Pour the tea over ice, and enjoy your iced hojicha on a sunny day.