Hojicha Instant Noodles is the perfect meal for when you’re craving ramen, but don’t have the time or ingredients to prepare the traditional dish. Since the dried noodles are already precooked, they only take two minutes to soften and don’t need to be drained.
An even bigger time-saver is the combination of the seasoning packet and brewed hojicha. Instead of spending hours preparing a broth, you can create a rich and flavorful soup in minutes with the addition of hojicha.
Roasted green tea is often used in sweet desserts, but if you've ever sipped on hojicha while eating your lunch or dinner then you know how well the tea pairs with savory foods. It may sound strange, but replacing the water with hojicha results in an even more deliciously comforting bowl of instant noodles. Try it for yourself the next time you’re looking for quick and easy way to upgrade your noodles.
- 10 grams Hojicha Dark Roast (approximately 3 tablespoons)
- 500 ml filtered water
- 1 packet of instant noodles
- Add 10 grams of Hojicha Dark Roast to a teapot with a removable stainless steel infuser or a built-in strainer.
- Heat filtered water to 80°C (175°F), and pour 500 ml over the tea leaves in a circular motion.
- Let steep for one full minute.
- Pour the prepared hojicha into a small pot, and bring the tea to a boil.
- Add the instant noodles to the pot and cook on medium heat for two minutes (or according to package directions).
- Remove from heat, and stir in the seasoning packet.
- Serve your hojicha instant noodles while hot, and enjoy the roasted aroma and flavor.