Try the Whipped Hojicha for an indulgent alternative to the Dalgona Coffee that's made with hojicha tea powder only.
This recipe is free of coffee, dairy, and eggs thanks to a magical ingredient you may already have in your pantry. If you've ever made plant based marshmallow fluff, then you'll know we're talking about aquafaba. Sounds fancy, but aquafaba is simply the name of the liquid found in a can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans). This liquid whips up into a thick meringue with the help of sugar and vinegar.
By adding the Hojicha Powder, the whole mixture transforms into a delicious cloud-like topping.
- ¼ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons aquafaba (liquid from a can of no salt added chickpeas)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon Hojicha Powder
- ¾ cup of your favorite type of milk
- Whip together ¼ teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and 2 tablespoons aquafaba using a hand mixer on high speed.
- After approximately 2-4 minutes, check for soft peaks and start to gradually add 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Once stiff peaks form, pause the mixer and add 1 tablespoon of Hojicha Powder.
- Start whipping on low, and then increase the speed to high while scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Pour ¾ cup of milk into a glass, then top it with your whipped hojicha. Stir gently, and enjoy!