Grab a blanket and get ready to enjoy a twist on a seasonal favorite with this recipe for a Peppermint Hojicha Latte.
What is a Peppermint Hojicha Latte
A Peppermint Hojicha Latte is a hojicha latte made with Hojicha Powder, peppermint tea, and vanilla milk. The peppermint tea brings a freshness that pairs wonderfully with the chocolate notes of the rich Hojicha Powder. The vanilla milk adds a marshmallow sweetness to the hot latte that makes it taste like creamy chocolate chip mint ice cream.
How to make peppermint tea
The peppermint tea for this latte can be made from fresh peppermint leaves, dried peppermint leaves (in loose leaf form), or even a peppermint tea bag. In this recipe, we made fresh peppermint tea by steeping seven peppermint leaves in boiling water for 5 minutes. The resulting infusion is crisp, cool, and refreshing of course very minty.
Any form of peppermint tea will work for this recipe, and you can even swap out the peppermint leaves for another type of mint you have on hand. The only thing to remember is to brew a strong cup of mint tea in order to balance the roasted taste of the hojicha.
What milk is best for a Peppermint Hojicha Latte
The Peppermint Hojicha Latte can be made with your preferred type of milk, but we recommend using a vanilla flavored milk for the best results. We used vanilla soy milk in this recipe for a creamy and sweet taste that takes this latte from an everyday drink to something special.
We hope you'll enjoy a Peppermint Hojicha Latte this season, and would love to see your latte. If you make one, please share it with us by tagging your photo with @hojicha.co.
- 7 peppermint leaves
- 100 ml filtered water
- 1 teaspoon Hojicha Powder
- 140 ml vanilla milk, we used vanilla soy milk
- Optional: maple syrup to taste
- Lightly crush 7 peppermint leaves by rolling them in your hand and squeezing, then add them to a teapot.
- Add 100 ml boiling water to the peppermint leaves, and let them steep for 5 minutes.
- Whisk the 60 ml of the peppermint tea with 1 teaspoon of Hojicha Powder.
- Pour the whisked hojicha and remaining 40 ml of peppermint tea into a mug.
- Steam 140 ml of vanilla milk, and add to the mug.
- Taste and adjust the sweetness by adding maple syrup if desired.
- Savor your Peppermint Hojicha Latte on a chilly day.