This Hojicha Maple Latte is a cozy latte recipe that's perfect for adding a little sweetness to your day.
It's no secret that we enjoy this golden sweetener year round, but the winning combination of maple and hojicha is even more fitting as we seek warm flavors on cooler days. The sweetness of maple syrup enhances the Hojicha Powder, without masking its deeply roasted flavor. In this Maple Hojicha Latte, we go further to show you how to infuse maple syrup into each part of your latte.
We start with a teaspoon of maple syrup, which will then be mixed with the whisked hojicha. The warm hojicha mixture helps to easily blend the viscous syrup and better distribute it throughout the drink. A splash of maple syrup is our go-to sweetener when preparing a hot hojicha tea latte, though this time we’re not stopping here. In this Maple Hojicha Latte recipe, we infuse the maple syrup in each part of the latte for double the flavor. This means that next, we add a teaspoon of maple syrup into the milk before steaming it.
The addition of sweetener not only helps the milk froth more easily, but it also creates a rich and flavorful foam that greets your lips with every sip. This extra step is absolutely worth it, and makes the Maple Hojicha Latte a fall favorite.
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup, divided
- 1 teaspoon Hojicha Powder
- 60 ml 80°C (175°F) filtered water
- 180 ml milk of your choice
- Add 1 teaspoon of maple syrup to your mug.
- Whisk 1 teaspoon of Hojicha Powder together with 60 ml of 80°C (175°F) water.
- Pour hojicha into your mug, and stir if needed.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of maple syrup and 180 ml of milk together, then froth using your preferred method.
- Pour the steamed milk into the hojicha mixture, and enjoy the warmth of your Maple Hojicha Latte.