Bring a moment of calm to your day with a soothing Lavender Hojicha Latte, made with lavender tea and Hojicha Powder.
What is lavender tea?
Lavender tea is a herbal infusion made by steeping dried lavender buds in hot water. When the dried lavender buds are brewed they release their calming scent and herbaceous floral flavor. The color of the lavender tea may be golden brown, purple, or blue depending on the freshness, processing, and variety of the lavender. Lavender tea can be enjoyed hot, iced, as a tea latte, or paired with Hojicha Powder to create a Lavender Hojicha Latte.
How to make a Lavender Hojicha Latte?
A Lavender Hojicha Latte is made by preparing a hojicha latte with lavender tea instead of water. First dried lavender buds are steeped in hot water. After five minutes of steeping, a minimal amount of the prepared lavender tea is whisked with the Hojicha Powder. Once smooth, the rest of the lavender tea is added to the hojicha along with the optional sweetener. Then, foamed milk is added and topped with a sprinkle of purple lavender buds for an added visual and aromatic appeal.
What equipment is needed to make a Lavender Hojicha Latte?
These are the tools and equipment needed to make a Lavender Hojicha Latte, as well as some handy substitutions.
Teapot: the lavender tea is prepared by brewing dried lavender buds in a teapot with a built-in strainer or infuser basket. Alternatively, the tea lavender buds can also be steeped in a stand alone tea infuser or added directly into a glass measuring cup and strained with a fine mesh sieve.
Bamboo whisk: the lavender tea and Hojicha Powder are whisked with a bamboo whisk for the best flavor and texture. Alternatively, the two can be mixed together using a hand-held milk frother.
Milk frother: the milk for the Lavender Hojicha Latte can be foamed using an espresso machine equipped with a steam wand, an electric milk frother, or a hand-held milk frother. Alternatively, the milk can simply be heated and steamed in the microwave or in a pot on the stove top.
When you're looking to slow down, rest and relax with this recipe for a Lavender Hojicha Powder.
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender buds
- 100 ml filtered water
- 1 teaspoon Hojicha Powder
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (or to taste)
- 140 ml milk (we used oat milk)
- ¼ teaspoon of dried lavender buds
- Add 1 teaspoon of dried lavender buds and 100 ml of 95°C (205°F) filtered water into a teapot and steep for 5 minutes.
- Whisk 1 teaspoon of Hojicha Powder with half of the lavender tea (approximately 50 ml) in a chawan until fully dissolved.
- Add the remaining lavender tea (approximately 50 ml) and 1 teaspoon of maple syrup into a chawan (tea bowl).
- Steam and froth 140 ml of your preferred milk, and pour onto the whisked hojicha.
- Lightly sprinkle ¼ teaspoon of dried lavender bud on top, and unwind with a calming Lavender Hojicha Latte.