A popular bubble tea topping is combined with milk and Japanese roasted green tea to create the refreshing Iced Hojicha Latte with Grass Jelly.
Grass jelly has a delightfully bouncy texture and an earthy mint flavor that pairs beautifully with hojicha. The plant-based herbal jelly can be made from scratch by boiling the Mesona plant or by using a powder. Luckily, grass jelly is also readily available in a can to enjoy anytime.
Try the fun to drink Iced Hojicha Latte with Grass Jelly and let us know what you think!
- 2 teaspoons Hojicha Powder
- 60 ml cold filtered water
- 1/2 cup grass jelly, cubed
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1 tablespoon sweetener (we used maple syrup)
- 180 ml milk (we used soy milk)
- Add 2 teaspoons of Hojicha Powder and 60 ml cold filtered water into a tea bowl and whisk together.
- Into a large glass, add 1/2 cup grass jelly cubes and 1/2 cup ice cubs in alternating layers.
- Add 1 tablespoon of sweetener.
- Add 180 ml of milk.
- Pour the whisked hojicha into the large glass.
- Sip, stir, and enjoy with a boba straw or spoon.