An Iced Hojicha Americano is a refreshing, easy, and delicious beverage for when you're craving something cool.
What is an Iced Hojicha Americano?
An Iced Hojicha Americano is a flavorful cold drink made from Hojicha Powder, water, and ice. It is similar to an Iced Americano, except the espresso shot is replaced with a hojicha shot. A hojicha shot is simply made by whisking together Hojicha Powder and water.
How to make an Iced Hojicha Americano?
An Iced Hojicha Americano is made by pouring freshly whisked Hojicha Powder over ice and water. The Hojicha Powder can be mixed by using a spoon, mason jar, hand-held or electric frother, or a bamboo whisk for a perfectly smooth hojicha. While you can use hot or cold water to whisk the Hojicha Powder, we recommend using cold water to prevent the ice from melting and diluting the drink.
If it's your first time making an Iced Hojicha Americano, you may wish to start by first adding the whisked hojicha to the ice. This way you'll be able to add as much or as little water as you'd like. Once you've customized your americano and gotten the taste just right, you can then prepare the next one by adding the whisked hojicha last for maximum hojicha foam.
What's the difference between an Iced Hojicha Americano and Cold Brewed Hojicha?
Cold Brewed Hojicha is made by mixing Hojicha Powder and cold water, or steeping hojicha tea leaves in cold water. Unlike cold brew made from tea leaves, there are no long steeping times for Cold Brew Hojicha made with Hojicha Powder. Once the Hojicha Powder is mixed with cold water, you can enjoy the flavorful infusion right away.
An Iced Hojicha Americano can be thought of as one way to serve a shot of Cold Brewed Hojicha. Ice and water are added to the cold brew until the desired taste is achieved, resulting in a delicious Iced Hojicha Americano.
Tips for the best Iced Hojicha Americano
- Whisk the Hojicha Powder with cold filtered water to keep the ice from melting and enjoy the bold flavor of the hojicha shot.
- Use lots of ice to get this drink well chilled for longer.
- Taste and adjust by adding your preferred amount of water and optional sweetener.
Here's the step-by-step recipe for an Iced Hojicha Americano, one the easiest drinks that's ready in minutes.
- 3/4 cup ice
- 120 ml cold filtered water, divided
- 1 teaspoon of Hojicha Powder
- 1 teaspoon simple syrup (optional)
- Add 3/4 cup of ice and 60 ml cold filtered water to a glass.
- Whisk Hojicha Powder with 60 ml of cold filtered water in a tea bowl.
- Pour whisked hojicha into the glass.
- Optional: Add 1 teaspoon of simple syrup.
- Stir, taste, and adjust as desired.
- Enjoy your Iced Hojicha Americano while it's nice and cold.