All you need is a mason jar to enjoy a delicious iced hojicha latte in minutes.
You may already have your favorite method to prepare hojicha, but it’s time to shake things up and try making an iced hojicha latte in a mason jar.
This isn't just about serving your hojicha latte in a glass mason jar, we’re talking about using the multi-purpose container as a tool to dissolve the tea powder without a whisk. How does it work, you wonder? Well, you combine ice, cold water, and a scoop of Hojicha Powder in a mason jar, then tighten the lid and give the whole thing a good shake shake shake. Since the Hojicha Powder is finely milled, all it takes is a few seconds and it magically dissolves.
Now that your hojicha mixture is ready, you can pour it over milk. OR... you can skip the extra glass and keep things simple by adding sweetener and milk directly into your mason jar. Technically you’re all done, but we like to shake it up one more time. Shaking everything together creates an irresistible layer of foamy bubbles, all without the help of any fancy tools.
Try this minimalistic method and use a mason jar to create and serve your next perfectly frothy iced hojicha latte.
- 1 cup ice
- 60 ml cold filtered water
- 2 teaspoons Hojicha Powder
- 180 ml cold milk (we used soy milk)
- Optional: 1 teaspoon sweetener (we used maple syrup)
- Add 1 cup of ice, 60 ml of cold filtered water, and 2 teaspoons of Hojicha Powder into a glass mason jar.
- Close the lid tightly and shake for a few seconds until the Hojicha Powder is fully dissolved.
- Add 180 ml of cold milk and 1 teaspoon of sweetener (if desired) into the mason jar.
- Stir and enjoy, or close the lid to shake once more for a frothy drink.
- Take a sip then snap a quick pic and share it with us here: @Hojicha.Co