Hojicha Nice Cream
The way in which a frozen banana magically transforms into super creamy soft serve ice cream never ceases to amaze. Best of all, this healthy alternative tastes just as good with the right combination of ingredients. Hojicha nice cream delights with its deep, bold, and roasty flavor. While reminiscent of coffee, hojicha is naturally decaffeinated meaning you can prepare this recipe ahead (to avoid waking your neighbours with the noisy appliances) and enjoy it as late as you’d like.
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons loose leaf hojicha, ground
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 tablespoons milk
- Peel and cut a ripe banana into equal slices.
- Freeze the banana slices in an airtight container overnight.
- Grind 2 tablespoons of loose leaf hojicha using a spice grinder, coffee grinder, or the grind function of a food processor.
- Add the frozen banana slices, freshly ground hojicha powder, 1 teaspoon maple syrup, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1.5 tablespoons milk to a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth, creamy, and resembles soft serve ice cream.
- Scoop the hojicha nice cream into a bowl, and enjoy before it melts!