Perfect for an evening at home, Hojicha Hot Chocolate will keep you feeling warm and cozy.
Sometimes when we’re craving a hojicha latte, we like to switch things up a bit and experiment with a new ingredient. There are so many flavors that pair well with hojicha, and chocolate is definitely one of them. Hojicha Powder already has lovely roasted chocolatey notes, and so it’s no wonder the two taste even better together.
This recipe is as easy as it gets, yet is a definite improvement on your average cup of hot cocoa. If you’re looking to keep this simple and sugar-free, use unsweetened milk and omit both the sweetener and marshmallows. On the other hand, if you’re in the mood to indulge then go all in. Drizzle in maple syrup and treat yourself to as many marshmallows as you’d like. You could even add top your drink with whipped cream or hojicha syrup.
Try this Hojicha Hot Chocolate recipe today, and let us know what your favorite toppings are!
- 1 teaspoon Hojicha Powder
- ½ teaspoon cocoa
- 60 ml hot water
- 180 ml milk
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional)
- Handful of mini marshmallows (optional)
- Add 1 teaspoon of Hojicha Powder and ½ teaspoon of cocoa into a mug.
- Gradually add 60 ml of hot water while stirring until no lumps remain.
- Add 1 teaspoon of maple syrup (skip if you prefer to omit sweeteners).
- Steam 180 ml of your preferred milk, and pour into your mug.
- If desired, sprinkle a handful of mini marshmallows on top and enjoy while hot.