Hojicha Chia Seed Pudding is the perfect make ahead treat for busy mornings. Simply combine four ingredients the night before, and all you’ll need to do when you wake up is grab a spoon. If you’re feeling fancy, sprinkle some toasted coconut on top for tasty crunch. Thanks to the nutritious chia seeds, you’ll be full for hours.
Don’t want to wait overnight? No problem! If you heat the milk first, your Hojicha Chia Seed Pudding will be ready in just 3 hours. This means it will be ready for a mid-morning snack, or an afternoon energy-boost.
- 1 tablespoon Hojicha Powder
- 225 ml oat milk
- 4 tablespoons whole chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes or strips
- Optional: Pour 225 ml milk into a saucepan, and heat on low until steam appear. Set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon Hojicha Powder to a small bowl and approximately 50 ml of the oat milk (or 50 ml of water if using another kind of milk). Whisk together until the powder fully dissolves.
- Add the rest of the milk, 4 tablespoons whole chia seeds, and 2 tablespoons coconut sugar. Mix to combine.
- Pour the hojicha chia pudding mixture into a container and refrigerate until firm. The Hojicha Chia Seed Pudding takes approximately 8 hours to firm up with cold milk and 3 hours with warm milk.
- When ready to eat, toast 1 tablespoon of unsweetened coconut flakes or strips in a pan over low heat. If making ahead, keep the toasted coconut separately to ensure it remains crisp.
- Stir the hojicha chia seed pudding, and sprinkle the toasted coconut just before serving.