There's nothing like a layered latte to brighten up your day, especially when it's a sunny Yuzu Hojicha Latte. The spoonful of sunshine is of course sweet yuzu marmalade, made from the Japanese citrus fruit. We've used the fragrant yuzu in the Fizzy Yuzu Hojicha recipe, and couldn't get enough of this flavor combination. The tart yuzu is in perfect contrast to the richness of roasted green tea, which is why you'll definitely want to stir this drink up before enjoying.
Did you wonder what water temperature we used in the video above? Whether you're making hot or cold roasted tea drinks, you can always start by using room temperature or cold filtered water to whisk the Hojicha Powder with your tool of choice. Using colder water is especially important when preparing cold layered lattes like the Yuzu Hojicha Latte. Since one of the elements that helps keep the layers separate is the ice, by using cold water you ensure that the hojicha at the top remains beautifully creamy and foamy.
Follow the recipe below for step-by-step instructions, and don’t forget to share your hojicha creations with us.
- 2 tablespoons yuzu marmalade
- ½ cup ice
- 200 ml milk
- 2 teaspoons Hojicha Powder
- 100 ml cold filtered water
- Add 2 tablespoons of yuzu marmalade to a tall glass.
- Add ½ cup ice to the glass, then slowly pour the 200 ml of milk while being careful to aim for an ice cube.
- Whisk 2 teaspoons of Hojicha Powder and 100 ml of cold water in a tea bowl using.
- Slowly pour the hojicha mixture over the milk directly onto an ice cube.
- Revel in the layers of your beautiful Yuzu Hojicha Latte, then stir it all up and sip.